Apple and Blackberry Crisp
Low-fat crumble with all the taste. Use a soft white loaf for the breadcrumbs. Brioche or Pannetone are good, but check the labels for fat content.
- Serves 4
- 1 Serving 144 kcal/0.5g Fat
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 large cooking apples
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 225g (8oz) blackberries
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a baking tray and toast lightly in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel and core the apples. Chop into small pieces and place in the bottom of an ovenproof dish with the lemon juice and caster sugar.
- Add the blackberries and mix with the apple pieces, taking care not to break up the blackberries.
- Mix together the toasted breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the fruit and place in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, dust with icing sugar and serve hot with low-fat custard.
By clicking on this button you will launch the rosemaryconley.tv website to view the product video in a new window.