Italian Vegetable Soup (V)
235 calories, 2.7g fat
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
This recipe appeared in the latest issue of the Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness magazine.
For details of the latest issue, click here
- 1 x 400g can white beans
- 4 baby leeks finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, finely diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and finely diced
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsps small pasta shapes
- 2 tsps chopped fresh thyme
- 2-3 tsps vegetable stock bouillon powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the beans, leeks, garlic and carrots in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Add the parsnips, tomatoes, pasta shapes and thyme, bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in sufficient stock powder to taste, adjusting the consistency with more water. Continue to simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Season well with black pepper and serve hot.
Here’s a tip: For a creamier soup, leave the soup to cool after cooking, then liquidise in a blender and stir in some semi-skimmed milk before reheating.
For hundreds more recipe ideas, why not join rosemaryconleyonline.com and you’ll never again be short of low-fat options for breakfast, lunch or dinner.