Spicy Chickpea Casserole
Spicy Chickpea Casserole is a great vegan recipe.
Per serving: 160 calories, 3.8g fat
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 medium leeks, ﬁnely chopped
2 courgettes, diced
3 celery sticks, chopped
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
1⁄2 tsp ground ﬁve spice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsps chopped fresh oregano
1 x 400g can chickpeas
600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
2 tsps cornﬂour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pieces fresh orange peel, ﬁnely shredded
courgette strips to garnish
- Place the prepared leeks, courgettes and celery and into a preheated non-stick pan and dry-fry for 2–3 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the spices, garlic and oregano and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Rinse the chickpeas under cold running water, and add to the pan.
- Add the stock and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Mix the cornﬂour in a small bowl with a little cold water to a smooth paste.
- Stir the slaked cornﬂour into the casserole and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the ﬁnely shredded orange peel and some ﬁnely shredded courgette strips.