A healthy home-made version of this Thai favourite.
Per serving 203 calories, 0.6% fat (excluding accompaniments)
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 35 mins
4 x 100g skinned chicken breasts
1 red pepper, finely sliced
6 spring onions, finely chopped
6 plum tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
zest and juice of 2 limes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp cornflour
300ml (1/2 pint) pineapple juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the red pepper, spring onions and tomatoes in a bowl. Add the chilli, lime juice and zest, garlic, cumin and coriander and combine well.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the pineapple juice and pour over the vegetables and spices. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Pour the vegetables, with the juice, over the chicken and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cook the rice in a pan of boiling water with the vegetable stock cube, then drain.
- Transfer the chicken to serving plates. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with 1 blue Portion Pot® (55g dry weight) boiled basmati rice and a side salad.