Rosemary demonstrates how to cook this simple dish.
Serves one. (For two or more portions, duplicate main ingredients)
Per serving: 276 calories, 2.4g fat (excluding rice) 432 calories, 3.4g fat including rice
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 12 mins
1 Chicken breast, chopped
½ red and ½ green pepper, deseeded and chopped into bite-sized squares
4 button mushrooms, halved
2 sticks of celery, chopped
½ red onion, coarsely chopped.
1 clove of garlic, crushed
A little fresh ginger, grated.
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chilli and garlic dipping sauce
Fresh coriander (optional)
55g (dry weight) basmati rice
1 vegetable stock cube
Black pepper, freshly ground
Rapeseed oil Spray
- Place the vegetable stock cube with water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and cook for 12 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a spray of rapeseed oil and some freshly ground black pepper. When the pan is hot, add the crushed garlic and the chopped chicken and fry until almost cooked.
- Add the chopped red onion, peppers, celery, mushrooms and toss with the chicken. Do not over-cook the vegetables.
- Add the grated ginger with the honey, soy sauce and fresh coriander and mix well. Serve immediately. Serve with soy sauce if required.