Turkey & Pepper Stroganoff
Turkey & Pepper Stroganoff is a creamy tasting dish that is still low in fat and calories.
Per serving: 280 calories, 3.4g fat (excluding rice or salad)
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
450g lean cooked turkey ﬂesh, cut into strips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300ml chicken stock or use a stock pot
1 tbsp plain ﬂour
150ml Madeira (or Marsala) wine
225g small chestnut mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp Dijon mustard
300ml fat free thick live yogurt
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground black pepper
pinch of paprika to dust
4 lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or wok. Spray with a little rapeseed oil to coat the pan and add the cooked turkey and the onion. Dry-fry for 2–3 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the red pepper and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add 2–3 tbsp of the stock and sprinkle the ﬂour over. Mix well with a wooden spoon and ‘cook out’ the ﬂour for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining stock and the Madeira wine, stirring continuously. Add the mushrooms, stir in the mustard and cook for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat completely and stir in the live yogurt and parsley.
- Check the seasoning, dust with paprika and garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately with boiled basmati rice or a salad.
This dish is not suitable for freezing