A tasty plant-based recipe with a taste of The Orient.
Per serving: 423 calories, 3% fat
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 25 mins
50g (dry weight) basmati rice
1 vegetable stock cube
90g broccoli florets
¼ tsp flaxseeds
1 ½ tbsp teriyaki sauce
¼ tsp mixed sesame seeds
Rapeseed oil spray
- Cut the tempeh into small chunks and steam for 6-8 minutes with the broccoli florets.
- In the meantime, bring a pan of water to the boil with the vegetable stock cube. Add the rice.
- Remove the tempeh and broccoli from the steamer and transfer the broccoli to a bowl and keep warm.
- Heat a small frying pan and spray with rapeseed oil. Add the steamed tempeh chunks and gently stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and flaxseeds to the tempeh, with 1 tablespoon of water. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes stirring gently then add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the rice and transfer to a warmed bowl.
- Top the rice with the teriyaki tempeh and broccoli.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.