A great vegetarian pasta dish.
Per serving: 390 calories, 1% fat
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 25 mins
180g mixed mushrooms
70g (dry weight) tagliatelle pasta
1 small clove of garlic peeled and finely diced
¼ tsp chia seeds
1 tsp white miso paste
1 tbsp mushroom ketchup
125ml medium white wine
Rapeseed oil spray
Fresh herbs such as chives for garnish (optional)
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and add the pasta, reduce the heat slightly to a rolling boil.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan and spray with rapeseed oil. Add the garlic, chia seeds, and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Add the white wine, mushroom ketchup and the miso paste to the frying pan and stir to combine, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. If the liquid reduces so that it’s dry, add a little of the pasta water – 1 tablespoon at a time – so that you have a light sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the heat and drain carefully.
- Transfer the pasta to a warmed plate or bowl and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Garnish with a few fresh herbs such as chopped chives and serve immediately.