Rosemary demonstrates how to make this special treat.
This recipe offers a delicious twist to a conventional trifle, making it ideal for a special occasion whilst still low in fat and healthy.
1 serving 265 kcal/3.6g fat
Preparation time 10 minutes
Setting time 1 hour
4 fat-free triﬂe fingers
2 tbsps sweet sherry
4 tsps fruit compote
200g (7oz) fresh strawberries, sliced
1 packet strawberry jelly
1 x 75g packet instant low-fat custard
4 small pots low-fat vanilla-ﬂavoured live yogurt
extra strawberries to decorate
- Make up the jelly as per the packet instructions and allow to almost set.
- Break the triﬂe sponges into 4 individual triﬂe dishes, drizzle with sherry and add a teaspoon of fruit compote before covering with sliced strawberries.
- When the jelly is almost set whisk with a fork then pour over the strawberries in the dishes, then slice more strawberries on top of the jelly.
- Meanwhile, make up the instant custard using boiling water and allow to cool before pouring it onto the second layer of sliced strawberries. Place in the refrigerator.
- When completely chilled, cover with the vanilla-flavoured yogurt.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and serve.