Roasted Garlic and Green Pea Soup
Roasted Garlic and Green Pea Soup is full of immunity boosting ingredients. Because the garlic is roasted it gives a gentler flavour, however, it does need a little forward planning as the garlic takes 45 minutes to roast in a hot oven. To save fuel, roast it whilst the oven is being used to cook something else. The roast garlic will keep in a refrigerator wrapped in tin foil for 4-5 days. This recipe greatly benefits from using fresh mint leaves.
Per serving: 85 Calories, 1.7g fat
Prep time 10 mins (assuming garlic roasted in advance)
Cook Time 20 mins
1 whole head of garlic
450g (2 Red Portion Pots®) frozen petit pois
1 medium onion, finely chopped
8 fresh mint leaves
600ml vegetable stock (use a vegetable stock pot or cube)
1 tsp live yogurt for serving
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Remove the outer skin from the garlic bulb and slice the top off. Place on a square of foil and wrap the foil around to form a parcel. Place in the oven for 45 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Place the peas and chopped onion and stockpot/cube in a large saucepan and barely cover with boiling water. Boil for 15 minutes. Pour into a liquidiser or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Squeeze out the garlic purée from the roasted bulb and add to the food processor with the mint and the remaining vegetable stock and blend again until smooth. Return to the saucepan and reheat. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving, stir in the yogurt.