Horseradish Fish Pie
Horseradish Fish Pie is a delicious fish pie topped with a mix of potato and sweet-potato mash.
Per serving: 261 calories, 1.1% fat
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 25 mins
125g old potatoes, peeled
100g sweet potatoes, peeled
200ml semi-skimmed milk, plus extra for mashing potatoes
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
185g mixed chunky boneless fish (eg cod, hake, haddock)
1 tbsp cornflour
small tsp vegetable stock powder
2 tsp horseradish sauce
½ tsp Dijon mustard
a little rapeseed oil spray, for baking
1 vegetable stock cube
black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the old and sweet potatoes in a pan of boiling water with the vegetable stock cube, then drain and mash, adding a little cold milk and the chopped parsley.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and place in the bottom of a small/medium ovenproof dish.
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold milk to a paste, then heat the remaining milk in a saucepan. When hot, whisk in the cornflour paste to thicken the sauce. Stir in the stock powder, horseradish and mustard and season with black pepper. Pour this over the fish and level the top with the back of a spoon. Cover with the mashed potatoes and lightly spray with oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with steamed vegetables.