These marinated roast vegetables are perfect served piping hot from the oven or chilled with salad leaves. Either way, the strong contrasting flavours make this a tasty dish.
Per serving: 130 calories, 3.9g fat
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 40 mins
1 medium courgette
1 small aubergine
½ red and ½ yellow pepper, seeded
1 baby leek
½ small bulb of fennel
1 small red onion, peeled
Rapeseed oil spray
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp lemongrass, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
1 tbsp sesame seeds
freshly ground black pepper
parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4. Prepare the vegetables by slicing into wedges 5mm (¼”) thick.
- Combine the lemon juice, soy sauce and herbs in a small bowl.
- Place the vegetables into a roasting tin, season well with salt and black pepper and spoon the marinade over the vegetables.
- After 15 minutes, turn the vegetables to ensure even flavouring. Leave for 15 minutes, turn again, spray with rapeseed oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and roast for 35 – 40 minutes until tender and slightly charred around the edges.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot or allow to cool or serve cold as a salad.