This dish is not only quick and easy to make but it is cheap, delicious and a great way to eat sardines to boost your bone health.
Per serving: 181 calories, 6g fat (excluding accompaniments)
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 25 – 30 mins
2 large red peppers
2 large yellow peppers
8 cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
2 x 120g can sardines in tomato sauce
Juice of one lemon
Frylight rapeseed oil spray
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Cut the peppers in half through the stalk and remove the inner core and seeds and discard.
- Place the peppers, cut side up, in an ovenproof dish.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and arrange two halves in each pepper shell. Sprinkle with garlic and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Take the sardines from the tins and distribute between the peppers so they cover the tomatoes. (You can discard the tomato sauce in the can)
- Drizzle with lemon juice and spray with Frylight Rapeseed oil then bake at the top of a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve piping hot, sprinkled with parsley, with boiled new potatoes and broccoli or a salad comprising dark green leaves.