Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup is a highly nutritious soup that combines the flavours of sweet potatoes and fresh ginger to warm you up on any chilly day. Because sweet potatoes have a low glycaemic index rating, this soup will keep you feeling fuller for even longer. Ideal for a lunch or as a starter if entertaining. Suitable for freezing
Per serving: 187 calories, 1g fat
Prep time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
1 very large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 large carrots, well washed (or peeled if necessary), chopped
1 large or 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
5cm or 2in piece of ginger root, peeled or 1 tablespoon Easy Ginger, drained.
500ml vegetable stock using leftover water from cooking vegetables
1 vegetable stock pot.
Rapeseed oil Frylight spray
Freshly ground black pepper
- Take a large pan and spray with Frylight rapeseed oil and dry-fry the chopped onion until soft.
- Add the stock, the vegetable stock pot and the chopped sweet potatoes and carrots and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Peel the ginger root if using and grate, or chop in a food processor. When the vegetables are half cooked, add the ginger to the pan and season well with freshly ground black pepper.
- When the vegetables are cooked, place in a liquidiser and process until smooth. If too thick, add more stock.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls.