Ham with Leek and Sweet Potato Pie
Ham with Leek and Sweet Potato Pie is a filling, healthy recipe taken from Rosemary Conley’s Amazing Inch Loss Plan book.
Per serving: 303 calories, 3.5g fat
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
900g sweet potatoes, peeled
2 leeks, washed and sliced
100g thin ham, chopped
2 – 3 tbsps semi-skimmed milk
100g low-fat mature cheese, grated
pinch of nutmeg
4 medium-sized tomatoes
1 vegetable stock cube
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water with a vegetable stock cube until soft. Drain the potatoes, then mash them, adding the leeks, ham and milk.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in half the cheese with a pinch of nutmeg and season to taste with black pepper, then pile the potato mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with unlimited fresh vegetables (excluding potatoes) or salad.
Chef’s tip: Slice the leeks very fine, so they don’t need pre-cooking before adding to the potatoes