Love the shape you’re in
Our bodies are amazing things and it is important to respect them and enjoy them!
Here are our top tips to help you appreciate how wonderful you are.
- Your body is a temple – respect it, treat it well and honour it.
- Make a list of positive things about yourself without mentioning anything to do with your appearance. Keep adding to it each week.
- Don’t let your shape stop you from doing anything you want to.
- You are you – unique, talented and successful. People love you for who you are and what you can do, not the shape you are.
- Choose clothes that suit you, feel comfortable and express your personality. Don’t hide in them and become invisible.
- Put a sign on your mirror that says: “I am beautiful inside and out.”
- When you look in the mirror, don’t always focus on the things about your body you hate; look at your lovely hair, nice eyes, toned arms, good skin. Remember – the only person who can see your bum is the person behind you.
- Carry yourself with pride. If you walk tall, you look slimmer.
- Be proud of your age. If you are over 50, it’s great when people say how good you look for your age. Wrinkles are a sign of a lifetime’s experiences and should be respected not surgically removed!
- Fun things and new experiences are not just for the young. Growing older disgracefully can be fun.
- Enjoy exercising. It makes your body shapely, strong, healthy and more energetic.
- Life is too short to waste time hating your body. Get out and have some FUN.