Tips to put the sparkle in your diet
10 simple tips
They might not cause big bangs or firecrackers, but here are 10 simple tips that will help light the touch paper and put the sparkle into your diet. Try them today!
- Make a list of 10 activities to do instead of eating when you are bored, tired or anxious. You could sort out your underwear drawer, write to a friend, log on etc.
- Recognise real hunger. Thirst, stress, boredom and upset can be common eating triggers. Maybe a long drink, a weepy movie, a quick nap or a good book will be better therapy than a bar of chocolate. Use the hunger score on our website to assess your feelings.
- Try something different. Move out of your comfort zone and do something that scares you!
- Make your food colourful. Boring food can lead to boredom. Your diet should be exciting and tasty as well as slimming. A plateful of pale food might be healthy and low fat but won’t exactly tempt your taste buds.
- Brush your teeth instead of eating something unhealthy.
- Listen to your body more. What would satisfy you instead of food?
- Eat slowly and really taste what you are eating.
- Imagine how you will look and feel and what you will do in the future. This image should help you to make – and keep – the changes needed to reach your goal.
- Be prepared to make small steps. Small is a good word. From small beginnings, Rosemary built up her successful company. Be proud to make the small daily steps to become smaller yourself.
- Be prepared to diet, plan your menus and shopping and you’ll be ready for anything.